Arkfall: Community Evolved
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance tweaks

+2
DownSetGo
Ryuujin
6 posters

Go down

Balance tweaks Empty Balance tweaks

Post by Ryuujin Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:52 pm

So, as of patch 178 we now have the ability to fine tune many aspects of the game; stats on dinos, weapons, structures. Costs and availability of engrams and whatnot.

This doesn't mean that we HAVE to implement any changes. But if people have thoughts on balance then we'd certainly be interested to hear them; should certain dinosaurs like rexes take on more boss-like properties instead of being fodder for large dilo packs, are there certain engrams that are just straight up game breakers. etc.

As well as more general thoughts on game difficulty (Which is presently set to 0.7, significantly higher than default)

These are just examples so don't take those to heart too much.

Ryuujin

Back to top Go down

Balance tweaks Empty Re: Balance tweaks

Post by DownSetGo Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Overall I like the balance of the game. Later down the road it might be nice to have the difficulty raised to 1.

DownSetGo

Back to top Go down

Post by shocka24 Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:53 pm

As a solo player, I would like the resources upped some. Would be move to get more then 1 metal per rock. Taming time lowered would be great to, so I ain't spending 3 hours taming lol.

shocka24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuujin Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

shocka24 wrote:As a solo player, I would like the resources upped some. Would be move to get more then 1 metal per rock
You need to look for metal rich rocks :p - Further inland you'll find actual ore rocks that give 20-50 per rock with a metal pick. In fact the mountain just East of your house has them at the top.

Ryuujin

Back to top Go down

Post by shocka24 Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 am

Oh nice I'll check it out. I have a metal pick axe, but always feel like I'm wasting it lol, I get enough metals to fix it when it breaks usually lol

shocka24

Back to top Go down

Post by P70xy Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:29 am

I think for now the game should remain at 0.7. I see no need for the difficulty to be raised any higher with in the server in its current youth and player base.

P70xy

Back to top Go down

Post by shocka24 Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am

P70xy I think that too. Deff some high level dinos right now. But deff in the future. Taming time cut in half would be great though. I don't get to play that often and most of my time is 2-3 hour tames. If nobody else agrees that's fine though.

shocka24

Back to top Go down

Post by P70xy Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:00 pm

One thing i would like to see is the adjustment of resource requirements for certain items as for some, balance seems to be way off. Possibly an adjustment for structure's later on too.  

Here is A example and possible solution to one i have ready should people agree:

Mortar And Pestle: 65 × Stone 15 × Hide. The stone requirement is way too high IMO its over half the amount necessary for a forge and its 1/10 the size, 20-25 seems far more realistic.

I've got a small list with possible adjustments im working on which ill post once its done.

P70xy

Back to top Go down

Post by hishumii Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:06 am

I agree with overall difficulty at 0.7 and a potential revisit of that if we get to a point where we are not challenged anymore.

I also agree with a potential cut in taming time, but I think that should be put in to place when we up the difficulty as a kind of balance.

As for the resources/build amounts, I definitely think there could be an opportunity to improve the currently bizzare requirements for some of the items. All whilst being mindful of the impact that could have on the current resource balance.

hishumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocs Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 am

• I would like to see taming time cut in half at the very least.
  • Experience gain could be doubled as well if no one disagrees.
  • Would also be nice to see a longer day/night cycle;Allowing for some longer night gameplay.
  • Reduce the rate at which food depletes in comparison to thirst.
  • Possibly remove engrams such as all saddles and make them only available in supply drops; May it be the blueprints or the actual item itself.

Nocs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuujin Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Personally I'd been thinking about a discussion me and Brick had about game speed in games like this. I actually believe it'd be interesting to have a server that was essentially "x5 speed" maybe even x10 (Yes we're talking 10 minute instead of 2 hour tames).

There is a number of issues with the vanilla game speed in regards to PvP.

- The slow game speed discourages taking risks, as it takes days or even weeks to repair the damage a full destructive raid brings.

- Becoming villified/blackballed on a server is game over for your tribe. You will be hunted until you are driven from the server. Anything you build or tame from now on is forfeit.

This naturally means any server is doomed to oblivion, as eventually people either get bored, or losers of conflicts are driven from the server permanently. Such servers also weather rollbacks and bugs poorly, as it can take days or even weeks to repair the damage such a problem brings.

In a x10 server however, a 2 hour tame because 12 minutes. Suddenly it becomes possible to tame actual armies of dinosaurs, and crash them into base defences that may have half a dozen or more turrets and have multiple fallback layers.

Missiles, grenades, guns, armies of dinos, facing off. Sprawling bases, defensive positions, all can be built in minimal time, and can be sacrificed because of their inherently low production cost.

When a side loses a conflict in such a situation, the setback is only temporary, as within the hour they can have some more utility and guard dinos up and a new base of operations established. And by the following evening they could be repelling a sizable invasion or assaulting another base for their resources (And those resources are inherently more valuable given the reduced production costs).

There's my 2 cents at any rate. I just feel that we need to speed up the game. Right now the time investments are so long, nobody dares take a risk.

Ryuujin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum