Arkfall: Community Evolved
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice: Difficulty Change

3 posters

Go down

Notice:  Difficulty Change Empty Notice: Difficulty Change

Post by Kirin Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Please take note that with the deployment of the upcoming patch, Arkfall will increase its difficulty modifier from +0.7 to +1.  

For the most part, players should notice little-to-no difference in play.  This will, however, allow even higher-level dinosaurs to spawn, so take care in the wilds!

We expect this to be the last change in difficulty modifier for the server, and will keep the community informed if that plan changes.
Kirin
Kirin
Admin

https://arkfall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Notice:  Difficulty Change Empty Re: Notice: Difficulty Change

Post by shocka24 Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Any news on taming time being cut in half or resources being upped? That would be a nice change. Spent 4 1/2 hours taming a 51 carno. That was with prime and half raw.

shocka24

Back to top Go down

Post by DownSetGo Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Taming high level dinos at a faster pace would be a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Late game dinos are a team effort and this game overall is built for groups. If solo players can tame a rex in under an hour just imagine the havoc people would wreak across the map.

DownSetGo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirin Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 pm

shocka24 wrote:Any news on taming time being cut in half or resources being upped? That would be a nice change. Spent 4 1/2 hours taming a 51 carno. That was with prime and half raw.

The current philosophy is NOT to modify taming speeds in any way.  The reasoning is, it is quite easy to tame anything at low level; a level 1-4 T-Rex takes about an hour, maybe less with help.  It's only the higher-level creatures that take ages and ages to tame, and the higher-level dinosaurs scale much better in stats and power when leveled up.

Basically, if you want a quick tame, go low-level but have worse stats.  If you want really, really good stats on a dino...it's going to take you a lot of planning and help.  That's the trade-off.
Kirin
Kirin
Admin

https://arkfall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shocka24 Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:46 am

Both true. Down helped me a ton for about an hour on that carno until he had to go. Just felt like 4 1/2 hours real time was a little crazy. Now that I've got a tribe I'm in, it should be a lot easier. Still had solo player on the mind since I haven't really got to do anything tribe style lol.

shocka24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum